We recognise that clients wish to have certainty and transparency when it comes to legal costs. Our family law team offer a fixed fee initial consultation for £250 (inclusive of VAT) to allow you to meet with us to discuss your needs. Whether you are contemplating a separation, looking to begin divorce proceedings or you are experiencing difficulties with regard to contact with children or finances, this consultation will provide you with:
- a one hour meeting with a family law solicitor who will be able to give you initial advice on your circumstances and the options that may be open to you.
- a follow up letter, or email if preferred, that sets out the advice given at your consultation and options to consider to resolve matters
- where appropriate, useful factsheets and tools to assist you with the collection of information you may need to progress your case
- where appropriate and if requested by you, appointments with other people within Thorntons who may be able to be of assistance to you, eg our property department for the sale or purchase of property, financial advice regarding pensions etc
- an estimate of likely costs to bring matters to a conclusion and details of payment options
There are terms and conditions that apply before we can meet with you under this scheme.
We ask that payment is made on conclusion of our meeting with you. Charges may apply if payment is by credit card.
As we have to comply with anti-money laundering regulations, we must have at the outset of the meeting, one form of photo identification such as a current passport or photo driving licence and also two forms of proof of your current home address such as your recent council tax demand, a receipted utility bill from the last three month period or a bank statement from the last three month period. Unfortunately, if this information is not brought with you, then the meeting cannot proceed.
Meet the Experts
We have a full range of services in Family Law, backed by our team of Expert Lawyers