Landowners and farmers understand that they need to make the land work for them in a profitable way. Traditional land-based activities now have to be supplemented, where possible, through diversification, and this is often an important element in the success or failure of a rural enterprise.
How can Thorntons help?
Our Land and Rural Business team works with landowners, farmers and family businesses to develop diversification projects. We involve other specialist Thorntons teams, where necessary, to provide our clients with full service legal advice from development of the concept to completion.
As such, we have the expertise to advise you on:
- Agricultural tenancy issues
- Starting a new business and business structures
- Brand protection, including trademarks
- Website trading, including terms and conditions and distance selling
- Food and drink
- Renewable energy, including wind, hydro, solar and biomass
- Corporate events, film location, outdoor activities
- Financing the business
- Employment issues
- Wills and succession planning