Like all other businesses, estates and farms require employees and those employees work in a sector with specialised working requirements, ranging from lone working gamekeepers and stalkers to seasonal workers assisting with soft fruit harvest or beating.
How can Thorntons help?
Our Land and Rural Business team understand the employment demands of the agricultural sector. Working with our highly respected Employment Law team, we can provide you with a full range of employment advice for all land-related business interests, including:
- Employment law for agricultural workers, gamekeepers and forestry workers
- Tied housing for employees
- Lone working
- Gangmasters’ law
- Transfer of undertakings law on buying or selling a rural business
- Social media policy
- Wildlife crime advice
- Working hours regulations
- Grievance and disciplinary matters
- Industrial Tribunal representation