Thorntons are pleased to offer discounted legal and estate agency fees and other benefits to mutually agreed companies. The following discounts and benefits are offered together with the terms of the scheme.
The following discounted legal fees and benefits are offered to mutually agreed companies for the period 1 June 2018 to 31 May 2019:-
- 10% off fees for general legal advice including: divorce, separation or child custody matters, compensation claims, disputes, road traffic offences or criminal matters.
- Fixed fee for making a simple will: £170 for an individual or £300 for a couple plus VAT.
- Fixed fees for making a simple Power of Attorney: £170 plus VAT for an individual or £215 plus VAT for a couple. If a Power of Attorney is registered with the Public Guardian, the fees will be £215 plus VAT for an individual and £340 plus VAT for a couple. Power of Attorney fees are exclusive of the Public Guardian's registration charges.
- Discount of 5% (£250 maximum) on the winding up of the estate of the employee, or his/her spouse or resident partner, parents and grandparents.
- Discount of 10% off standard estate agency fee subject to a minimum fee of 0.85% of the sale price of the property or £850, whichever is the greater, plus VAT and outlays.
- Discount of 10% off standard home sales conveyancing fees subject to a minimum fee, net of discount, of £700 plus VAT and outlays.
- Discount of 10% off First Time Buyer purchase conveyancing fees subject to a minimum fee, net of discount, of £750 plus VAT and outlays.
- Discount of 10% off standard home purchase conveyancing fees subject to a minimum fee, net of discount, of £795 plus VAT and outlays.
- These fees are not inclusive of the additional work required where a buyer is purchasing with the assistance of a Government sponsored Help to Buy Scheme or the Lift Scheme, and that work will attract an additional fee discounted to £300 exclusive of VAT.
Looking after clients is our first priority and we are committed to delivering a high quality service. We seek to be approachable and accessible, keeping clients regularly informed of progress. Our fees are competitive and represent value for money. It is our policy to keep all clients fully informed of costs at the outset and during a transaction.
Our services for individuals
- Making a Will or Power of Attorney
- Buying and selling property
- Separation and divorce
- Personal injury and road traffic claims
- Tax planning
- Winding up of estates
- Dispute resolution
- Criminal and road traffic offences
- Pre-nuptial and co-habitation agreements
- Child issues
Terms of the Scheme
- Applicants must produce proof of current employment.
- Applicants must intimate at the beginning of their transaction that they wish to benefit from the Scheme. Failure do so may result in discount not being available.
- Benefits are non-transferable.
- Employees can use any of our offices in Perth, Dundee, Arbroath, Forfar, Montrose, Cupar, St Andrews, Anstruther, Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh.
- Thorntons will not provide employment advice to any member of staff under the terms of the scheme.