Skip to main content

Education and Student Visas

For many Scottish universities, colleges and schools internationalisation is an important issue, but it can bring challenges over immigration and visas for both the institutions and their international staff or students.

How can Thorntons help?

Our team works closely with a number of further and higher education institutions as well as schools to assist with their immigration and visa requirements. With some, our role has been very hands on, working strategically to implement appropriate compliance regimes in relation to Tier 4 and Tier 2 sponsor licences. For others, we work closely with admissions teams, registry teams and student support teams to troubleshoot when things go wrong with issuing CAS Certificates or with students and pupils obtaining visas.

With the ability to also advise academic staff, students, pupils and their families on all aspects UK immigration law, we are Scotland’s leading law firm when it comes to immigration for those involved in education in Scotland.

There are few immigration issues in the educational sector that our experts have not dealt with. So whether you want to send your children to be educated in Britain, need assistance with obtaining a student visa, or are an institution looking to obtain educational oversight and a Tier 4 sponsor licence, we can help.