If your case goes to court, it can be a daunting and stressful experience for you. Having strong legal support fighting your corner and helping you through the whole process can be vital.
How can Thorntons help?
At Thorntons, we have dedicated court lawyers who only practice in the immigration and asylum courts. We have years of experience in conducting all types of immigration and visa appeals at all levels of the court and tribunal system. We understand how daunting appearing in court can be for many and always do everything possible to ensure that you understand the process in advance of any hearing or court dates.
Although we are based in Scotland, we are also able to act in immigration and human rights cases in the courts in England, Wales, Northern Ireland as well as international courts outside the UK.
Courts that our Immigration & International Law team cover include:
- First Tier tribunal (Immigration & Asylum Chamber)
- First Tier Tribunal (Asylum Support)
- Upper Tribunal (Immigration & Asylum Chamber)
- Special Immigration Appeals Commission (SIAC)
- Proscribed Organisations Appeal Commission
- Investigatory Powers Tribunal
- Court of Session (Outer House and Inner House)
- Supreme Court (formerly the House of Lords)
- European Court of Human Rights (ECHR)
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU – formerly the European Court of Justice (ECJ))
- International Court of Justice
We also have other expert court lawyers who practice regularly in a range of other courts and tribunals throughout Scotland and the rest of the UK.