If you are a foreign national residing in the UK who is eligible and wants to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK, the requirements you will have to meet will depend on the visa category you are in. You will need to apply for an in-country application online in the UK.
Our Immigration Law team will be able to provide you with advice and assistance in preparing and submitting your indefinite leave to remain application. As the amount of work involved in such an application depends very much on your individual circumstances and factors such as the documentation involved, we charge for this work on a time spent basis.
We will provide advice and assistance in preparing and submitting the application to the Home Office online with a view to securing indefinite leave to remain in the UK. We will:
- Outline in writing for you the suitability and eligibility requirements for the application, the supporting documentation required and the application process
- Provide ongoing legal advice until the application is complete and ready to be submitted, and handle all the administrative work necessary in the collation, checking and scanning of the documents
- Preparing the online application
- Set up and provide template letters as required
- Provide legal representations and statement(s) for the main applicant and any sponsor (as applicable)
- Handle the final preparation of the application to be submitted online
- Upload all supporting documentation online to Sopra Steria, the UK Home Office commercial partner, and arrange for biometric information to be taken
It is expected that this process will take between 6 to 20 hours’ worth of work depending on the circumstances of the case. The amount of work needed depends on factors such as the complexities of your personal circumstances, any adverse immigration history, the volume of documentation required to consider, complicated legal issues and number of applicants.
Estimate fee of £1,500 - £5,000 plus VAT
This is based on between 6 to 20 hours’ worth of work depending on time spent, complexity and level of client contact required to achieve the agreed objectives.
The final fee chargeable will depend on the amount of time required to complete the application including meetings, telephone calls, exchanging e-mails, reviewing documents and any other correspondence or materials that may be required to implement the client’s instructions.
We will give you a written quote for the work at the start and keep you informed throughout about any ongoing costs or changes. Work will be carried out by a team member at a level appropriate for the complexity of the matter.
Additional third-party costs
- Home Office application fee of £2,389
- Biometric enrolment fee of £19.20
- There may well be other related potential costs depending on the service(s) selected from Sopra Steria, the UK Home Office commercial partner, which is used for uploading your supporting documentation and taking your biometric information
Our expert team of Immigration Lawyers can provide you with legal advice and guidance on your visa options and how best to proceed for your circumstances. We will ensure you understand the application process and will support you in preparing and submitting your application.