If you are a non-UK national residing in the UK who is seeking to obtain a visa, extend your leave to remain in the UK or switch to a different visa category, you may be eligible to apply for a visa on the basis of one of the following:
- Your relationship with your partner, whether you are marred or unmarried
- Your relationship with your British child, who is under the age of 18 years old
- Human rights
- Any other extenuating circumstances
In all such cases, you will need to apply for an in-country application in the UK.
Our Immigration Law team will be able to provide you with advice and assistance in preparing and submitting this type of further leave to remain application. As the amount of work involved in such an application depends very much on your individual circumstances and factors such as the documentation involved, we charge for this work on a time spent basis.
We will provide advice and assistance in preparing and submitting the application to the Home Office online with a view to securing a further period of leave to remain in the UK. We will:
- Outline for you in writing the suitability and eligibility requirements for the application, the supporting documentation required and the application process
- Provide ongoing legal advice until the application is complete and ready to be submitted, and handle all the administrative work necessary in the collation, checking and scanning of the documents
- Preparing the online application
- Set up and provide template letters as required
- Provide legal representations and statement(s) for the main applicant and any sponsor (as applicable)
- Handle the final preparation of the application to be submitted online
- Upload all supporting documentation online to Sopra Steria, the UK Home Office commercial partner, and arrange for biometric information to be taken
It is expected that this process will take between 6 to 20 hours’ worth of work depending on the circumstances of the case. This amount of work needed depends on factors such as the complexities of the client’s personal circumstances, any adverse immigration history, the volume of documentation required to consider, complicated legal issues and number of applicants.
Estimated fee of £1,500 - £5,000 plus VAT
This is based on between 6 to 20 hours’ worth of work depending on time spent, complexity and level of client contact required to achieve the agreed objectives agreed.
The final fee chargeable will depend on the amount of time required to complete the application including meetings, telephone calls, exchanging e-mails, reviewing documents and any other correspondence or materials that may be required to implement your instructions.
We will give you a written quote for the work at the start and keep you informed throughout about any ongoing costs or changes. Work will be carried out by a team member at a level appropriate for the complexity of the matter.
Additional third-party costs
- Home Office application fee of £1,033
- Immigration Health Surcharge of £624 per year (£1,560 for 2.5 years)
- Biometric enrolment fee of £19.20
- There may be other related potential costs depending on the service(s) selected from Sopra Steria, the UK Home Office commercial partner, which is used for uploading your supporting documentation and undertaking the applicant(s) biometrics