Skip to main content

Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfers

The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfers) route is open to multi-national organisations who want to move employees from a branch of the company outside the UK to a branch within the UK. Employees can be transferred on either a short or long-term basis or as a graduate trainee or on a skills transfer basis.

If a business wishes to transfer an overseas employee (non-EEA) to the UK, they must have a sponsorship licence and a Certificate of Sponsorship must be allocated to the employee in question. The employee will then have to apply for a visa to enter the UK under this category.

There are various restrictions on who can be issued with a Certificate of Sponsorship.


How can Thorntons help?

Our specialist Immigration Law team can advise you, as an employer, on the requirements of allocating a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) to a potential Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) migrant. Our team also has experience in advising individuals on applying to enter the UK as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) migrant.

In most immigration situations taking legal advice early on can often resolve a situation quickly, avoid potential problems and save you time and money later. With our proactive and commercial business legal advice, our immigration lawyers can help find the right solution for your business when dealing with Tier 2 sponsorship, and immigration and employment law issues. To arrange a consultation, call us on 03330 430 350 , or complete our online enquiry form and we will contact you.

Meet the Experts

We offer a full range of employment law services for employers, backed by an expert team of lawyers

Make an Enquiry