Skip to main content

Sponsorship Licence

The Home Office Tier 2 sponsorship system is designed as a safeguard to ensure that those coming to the UK for employment purposes are eligible to do so and have a genuine offer of employment from a reputable business. 

If, as an employer, you want to employ non-EEA nationals, you will usually be required to apply for a sponsorship licence to enable them to be able to come to UK and work for you. This sponsorship licence can then be managed by appropriate people within your organisation via the Home Office online Sponsorship Management System. 


How can Thorntons help?

Our Immigration and Visa team are on hand to give you comprehensive Tier 2 sponsorship guidance and help you with all necessary immigration checks. Our specialist Immigration Solicitors can advise you on all aspects of applying for a sponsorship licence for potential non-EEA employees from eligibility to completing the relevant application.

In most immigration situations taking legal advice early on can often resolve a situation quickly, avoid potential problems and save you time and money later.  With our proactive and commercial business legal advice, our immigration lawyers can help you through the entire process of sponsorship of non-EEA workers. To arrange a consultation, call us on 03330 430 350 , or complete our online enquiry form and we will contact you.

Meet the Experts

We offer a full range of employment law services for employers, backed by an expert team of lawyers

Make an Enquiry