Skip to main content

EEA Workers

The regulations governing European Economic Area (EEA) workers are separate from those governing non-EEA foreign nationals.  

EEA nationals are currently allowed to reside and work in the UK, and there is no requirement for you, as an employer, to hold a sponsorship licence to employ EEA nationals. However, there is still a duty on you to satisfy yourself that all your employees have a right to work in the UK. You should always get proof of this and keep it on file. 

EEA nationals can apply for a Certificate of Registration confirming their right to reside and work in the UK. In light of the Brexit vote, we would encourage all EEA nationals to register their presence in the UK and explore whether they are eligible for permanent residence.


How can Thorntons help?

Our team of specialist Immigration lawyers can advise you on applications for Certificates of Registration and Residence Permits for EEA nationals wishing to live and work in the UK and their family members.

In most immigration situations taking legal advice early on can often resolve a situation quickly, avoid potential problems and save you time and money later. With our proactive and commercial business legal advice, our immigration solicitors can help find the right solution for your business when dealing with immigration and employment law issues. To arrange a consultation, call the Thorntons Immigration Law team on 03330 430 350 , or complete our online enquiry form and we will contact you.

Meet the Experts

We offer a full range of employment law services for employers, backed by an expert team of lawyers

Make an Enquiry