06 Mar 2019 (08:15) Thorntons Dundee
As HR professionals and senior managers, you know only too well the importance of keeping up to date with employment laws and how they may impact on your business. Employment law is a fast moving area and it is vital that your HR and management teams understand the implications of new legislation and implement changes effectively.
This Employment Law Update will provide an overview of some of the most significant developments in 2018, and you will also hear about what is coming up in 2019. Delivered by our employment law specialists, you will leave the seminar with practical tips and advice on how to prepare for what will be another busy year in employment law. Key topics will include:
- Important legislation proposals and potential developments to look out for.
- Court of appeal decision which overturned the EAT's ruling that claimants do not bear the initial burden of proof in discrimination claims.
- Recent cases on Discrimination, Sickness and Incapacity, Whistleblowing and Redundancy.
Who Should Attend?
- HR Professionals
- Supervisors and those with HR and people management responsibilities
- Understand key employment laws facing your business
- Be informed on the necessary steps to stay compliant
- Refresh and extend your employment law knowledge while further developing your skills.
- Have the opportunity to discuss any issues with our team
Please Note: We have a limited number of places. Therefore places are restricted to 2 per organisation and will be booked on a first come first served basis. There is no charge for this event.