21 May 2020 (09:15) Thorntons Edinburgh
Cost: £75+vat per person.
With one in four people in the UK likely to be affected by mental ill health at some stage in their lives, employers need to be able to manage the risk this presents within their organisation at every stage in the employment relationship. By providing an environment in which affected employees feel supported when issues do arise and where management are confident enough to be proactive, risks can be minimised, business can operate as usual and the workforce can be healthier, happier and more productive.
In this interactive workshop we will examine:-
- The causes of work related stress - including the HSE management standards
- Raising awareness of mental health and recognising the warning signs
- The relationship between stress and mental ill health
- The importance of open communications, positive culture and reducing stigma
- Managing absence arising from mental health
- Defining and avoiding disability discrimination and other legal claims
Who Should Attend and why?
These masterclasses are suitable for Directors, business owners, HR professionals and supervisors or line managers with people management responsibilities, keen to adopt and re-inforce best practice within their organisations.
The costs of this workshop is £75+vat per person. Places are limited. Payments for all masterclasses must be made in advance. A full refund will only be given for a cancellation up to 14 days prior to the event. Thereafter no refund will be given.